A new firmware upgrade is now available for the Syrp Genie.
We're looking forward to adding new features and functionality to the Syrp Genie in the near future so stay tuned for further improvements. As usual we're excited to see how you've been using Syrp products to make better films so please share your work with us!
- Fixed issues with Bounce Back
- Fixed connection issues for 2-axis control between Genie and Genie Mini
- Fixed settings corruption issues present in 2.6.2
- Fixed issue with long movement settings in timelapse mode moving incorrect distances
*Please note that the download is a .zip file. You must unzip the file to reveal the firmware (.bin). Please follow the included instructions for installation.
- Do not use hard drives or other external USB devices to load the firmware.
- Some USB keys draw too much power to correctly function, it may be required to try multiple USB keys.
- Do not load the .zip file onto the USB key. You must unzip the folder and load only the .bin file onto a blank USB key.
- USB 3.0 Keys, or any key over 16GB will not work.
- The USB flash drive must be formatted to FAT32.
- If the red indicator light around the OK button stays solid red or is continuously flashing, then the firmware has not correctly installed. Power off the device and try again. Consider trying a different USB drive.
- Updating the firmware on your Genie will also reset the Genie to factory defaults. This means it will delete all of your saved presets, so if you wish to keep them, please note them down before updating.
USB Control of cameras is disabled due to instability.
Users can set invalid date eg 31st Feb.